Please note that at this time we are not able to worship in person. However, we hope to bring good news about in-person worship very soon. In the meantime, you are invited to worship with us online! God is faithful.
Please click on this link to pre-register and check-in at our Welcome Centre kiosk before going into the sanctuary on Sunday morning. You must also sign in at the sign-in table.
- Stay home if you have any of the following: fever (37.8°C or higher), cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, trouble swallowing, runny nose, loss of taste or smell, not feeling well, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea. Please stay home if you, in the past 14 days, have been in close contact with someone who is sick or has COVID-19, or have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days. We ask that you stay home and join us via the live stream.
- When joining us for worship, please use the upper parking lot entrance only. Doors will be propped open and we ask that you follow directional signs as you proceed into the sanctuary.
- Please maintain 2 metres of physical distance (indoors and outside) with people other than your family/social bubble. When you walk into the building, check in at the welcome centre and proceed immediately into the sanctuary. Everyone is asked to reserve conversation, beyond a simple greeting, to outside the church building.
- Each week, we ask that you pre-register for services online through a link that will be sent out weekly to your email. If you are unable to pre-register, please know that you are welcome to join us and we will ask you for contact information at the door. This information is for contact tracing purposes only.
- Face coverings are mandatory for any purpose inside Water Street Church. Exemptions include children under the age of 5 years old, anyone whose ability to breathe is inhibited, anyone with a medical reason. Proof of exemption is NOT required. Face coverings must cover the mouth, nose and chin providing a barrier for respiratory droplets.
- Several hand sanitizing stations will be available. Please use hand sanitizer upon entry and exit.
- Please refrain from handshakes and hugs as greetings. Instead offer a wave, nod, bow, smiley eyes, or smile!
- Our sanctuary seating has been adjusted to provide physically distanced spacing. We have created spaced groupings of chairs and invite individuals and families to find one that meets their needs. Two activity tables have been set up where families with children can be together.
- The library, prayer room, café, nursery areas and lower level will not be open at this time as we try to limit close contact interactions.
- Washrooms will be available and will be limited to one person at a time. Please use hand sanitizer and proper hand washing before and after washroom use.
- We’ll distribute any necessary printed materials in a manner that is as contact-less as possible. Please pick up what you need at the Welcome Centre. When possible, use personal electronic devices rather than paper. We will project service elements onto the screens.
- We will not be passing around offering plates during the service but will provide Ministry Giving tables near the entrance to the sanctuary for weekly donations to support the ministry of the church and our ministry partners.
- There will be no nursery or Sunday school offered. We invite families to worship together in our sanctuary instead. We don’t mind if there’s a bit more noise!
- There will be no congregational singing in worship. We will continue to find other creative ways to praise and draw close to God.
- We will not have coffee or beverages available before or after the service. Everyone is asked to reserve conversation, beyond a simple greeting, to outside the church building. When outside, please keep physically distanced from those not in your family/social bubble.
- Extra cleaning of high touch areas will be done.