How did you keep yourself entertained while socially isolated throughout the past year?
- “Probably too much TV.” A direct quote from many respondents.
- Netflix. Amazon Prime and Apple TV.
- “We finally had the time to watch a few TV series that had been recommended to us but that we never had time to watch.”
- “Happy hour, every evening” for the first couple of months, until sanity returned.
- Various games, (magazines, novels, etc.), puzzles, working in the house and church, gardening, helping with grandkids as needed.
- In the summer – sailing, canoeing, biking, pickleball, birding, hiking new trails.
- In the winter – computer games, cross country skiing, hiking.
- At any time – taking time for hobbies and having the freedom to spread the work out.
- “We walk daily (sometimes twice) for exercise, fresh air, social interaction and also a change of scenery. We enjoy talking with others also out walking…physically distanced of course.”
- Going for drives, sometimes hitting a drive thru for a treat.
- Special meals out at a restaurant patio when permitted.
- “Entertaining guests in garages and on patios when it was way too cold for that.”
- “Downsizing belongings.”
- Prepared a “Just in Case” information binder for my family.
In quick strokes:
A lot of television, particularly in the winter, broken up by a plethora of activities as unique as each of us is.
For your listening pleasure:
It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere Jimmy Buffet, Alan Jackson